Updated Covid-19 Protocol
Based upon Governor Whitmer’s Michigan Safe Start Plan, Caring Animal Hospital will be adapting to the following protocol starting Monday, May 18, until further notice.
- We will be returning to our original hours of operation. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm and Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00am to 8:00pm.
- We will be starting to allow clients to accompany their pets into the hospital with the following restrictions:
- Only 1 owner can enter with the pet(s).
- Owner will still call from their car & wait to be brought into a room when one is available.
- Owner accompanying the pet will be screened with the following questions before entrance into the hospital:
- Travel history (no travel out of Michigan for 14 days)
- Symptoms if illness for self and family members (owner & family members must be free of hyperthermia, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and diarrhea)
- Owner must have their own face mask, worn over their nose and mouth, for the entire time in the building. No person will be allowed into the building without wearing a mask.
- Owner will be screened for elevated temperature upon entrance at the front door with a forehead thermometer.
- Owners can decline the option to enter with their pet(s) and will be given “telehealth” appointment.
- We will continue to require curbside services for picking up food or medication.
- We continue to be restricted to urgent services. Governor Whitmer’s order prohibits us from performing routine exams, spays, neuters, routine dental procedures, nail trims, expression of anal glands, and vaccine appointments that do not include a Rabies or Leptospirosis vaccine.
- We are allowing technician appointments, for heartworm tests & bloodwork monitoring. These technician appointments will be curbside appointments.
We are dedicated to providing you and your pet companions the very best in care, and we will continue to fulfill that promise to you regardless of external events. Please check our Facebook and website for any further updates. Thank you for your understanding while we navigate this situation together.