We at Caring Animal Hospital wanted to update our clients on how we are proceeding with the extension of Governor Whitmer's Shelter in Place order. We are still committed to providing a safe environment in which you and your pets can receive treatment while feeling comfortable and secure. Below is the list of changes that we have implemented and will continue until the Shelter in Place order is lifted.
- No owners will be allowed in our building. We are requiring Curbside Appointments only. Call us when you arrive for your appointment, and one of our associates will come to the car to get your pet. After the exam, a veterinarian will call you to discuss care options. Once finished with your pet’s treatment, we will then call your cell to arrange bringing your pet back to your car & for payment over the phone.
- If you need to pick up food or medications for your pet, please call or request the items online beforehand, so we can have the items ready. When you arrive for pick up, let us know you are here, and we will bring the medications and food to your vehicle.
- We strongly encourage you to coordinate home delivery for individual or reoccurring prescription needs. We work with VetSource to ensure that your pets receive the quality products that we utilize in our practice. The shipping of any food or prescriptions can be sent directly to your home when it is convenient for your schedule. Visit our online store at: https://caringanimalhospital2.securevetsource.com/site/view/site/view/HomeDelivery.pml?retUrl=http://www.caringanimalhospital.net/&cmsTitle=CARING%20ANIMAL%20HOSPITAL
- We have changed our hours to 9am to 6pm, Monday through Friday. Also, we are limiting our appointments to sick or injured pets only. If you are unsure if your pet needs to be seen, please call us.
- We have separated our staff into 2 teams to decrease the chance of having to close our clinic due to exposure. Due to limited staff each day, wait times at your appointment may be extended. Please be patient as we try to help as many people and pets as we can.
- If you or anyone you have been in contact with has shown any signs of illness, please try to make arrangements for someone not exposed to bring your pet in for their appointment.
- We are requesting that payments be made over the phone with Visa, Mastercard, CareCredit, or ScratchPay. We will accept cash or check if you do not have access to the other forms of payment.
- We have also changed our internal protocols to help keep our clients safe. We have increased cleaning in and around the clinic. We are screening our employees for fever and symptoms before each shift. We are using our in-house slip leads to transport your pet back and forth to you. At this time, we cannot get surgical masks, but have some cloth masks for employees to use while speaking with you at your car.
We are dedicated to providing you and your pet companions the very best in care, and we will continue to fulfill that promise to you regardless of external events. Please check our Facebook and website for any further updates. Thank you for your understanding while we navigate this situation together